Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's Ebay Time! What to sell ~ Part 1

So you want to make some money on Ebay. Now you need something to sell. First let's talk about two Myths of Ebay:

Myth #1 ~ My item is old therefore it is worth money. False! Sure some older items are worth money but a lot of items are not.
Myth #2 ~ My item is newer so therefore it is not worth anything. False! Some newer items sell better than old items. This applies to newer items in used condition also.

That is why it is so important to research the selling price of your items on Ebay. Having trouble finding your item on Ebay? I will be posting about that later this week.

So you might wonder what I am selling this holiday season.

Here are some of the things that I plan to sell:
1. Legos : Legos are very popular toys. You can sell complete sets, partial sets, boxes of pieces, or just one Lego minifig. Research what you have to decide how to sell you Legos. Look for cross over Legos such as SpongeBob or Star Wars. Also some older discontinued sets do well even for special pieces.

2. Star Wars : I purchased 19 new in the box Star War sets for $20 at a garage sale. That is just a little over $1 a piece. I will definitely make money on these sets.

3. Polly Pockets ~ I have some older small Polly Pockets that I will be selling. Again crossover items do well such as Wizard of Oz or Disney sets.

4. American Girl & Bitty Baby ~ I found some American Girl and Bitty Baby items at garage sales. These items usually do very well during the Holiday season.

5. Disney pins ~ I found some cheap Disney pins that I plan to resell. Plus I might look through my collection and sell a few.

6. Christmas decorations ~ I am hoping sell some Christmas decorations that I no longer want.

I have more items to sell but you get the idea. So great for me but what about you? Start gathering items that you are no longer using or new items that you don't plan to use. Collect your items in a box and start researching them on Ebay. Remember that you can sell your items individually or as a group. For example, you can sell one place setting of a china pattern or you could sell the entire set together.

If an item is selling well then put a Post-it note on the item with the following information:
Category that the item is listed under
Selling price range
Any specific terms about the item (pattern etc)

Have items that are not selling well on Ebay? If the price is low and the item is not selling then don't bother listing that item. Those items could be sold on Craigslist, garage sale, thrift store, or taken to Goodwill for a tax deduction.

Ok, what if you looked up your items and they are not selling? Or what if you do not have excess stuff around your house to sell? Never fear! You can still make money on Ebay. Tommorrow I will be talking about how to buy items at your local stores and resell them on Ebay for a profit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.