Saturday, September 19, 2009

Garage Sale Find : Would You Pay $2 For This?

So I went to some garage sales this week. I was hoping to find some great items for Christmas gifts. At a church sale, I found this centerpiece. Would you pay $2 for this?





Well, I did ! I recognized what other people had missed. Look closer at the basket that the flowers were displayed in. Would you pay $2 for a cute Longaberger basket with a plastic liner?




Yes, I purchased a Longaberger basket for $2. My sister in law loves Longaberger baskets. So now I have a wonderful Christmas gift for her.

At garage sales, take an extra minute and look over all the items for sale. You might see something that other people missed.

8 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Great find. I went to a craft fair today too.

Kristin from Couponing to Disney said...

Awesome! What would say the value is of the basket?

Sandy S said...

I could easily sell the basket for $15 or $20 at my spring garage sale. Usually the larger the basket, the more money it is worth. But some older discontinued or signed baskets are worth more also.

If you wanted to sell on Ebay, you would want to some research to find out exactly which basket it is.

Noggy said...

You have a good eye. Longaberger baskets are not cheap...$30 to #130 depending on the size. No telling what this is worth since it is also a retired piece from one of their earlier collections. I know your sister will be really excited to get this one, especially if you fill it with some delicious cookies or some special muffins for the holidays.

dymphna said...

I just won my first Longaberger basket in a giveaway. and my husband had said to look for the same thing in yard sales. but when you asked if i would buy it I thought no. Good reminder to pay attention.

Christel said...

Awesome Find!!

Coupon Clippin Mommy said...

Good for you! I once got one for 50 cents. The husband set the price while his wife was inside...if only she knew he sold it for 50 cents :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! You did good!!! My sister in law up in Indiana collects Longerberger baskets. I wouldn't know one if I tripped on it! LOL

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.