Saturday, January 9, 2010

Budgeting Tips # 2: Buy Coupons on Ebay

I try to get as many coupons as possible from friends and relatives. But to get a great number of one coupon, Ebay is my first choice. By getting coupons from Ebay, I am able to get large quantities of an item when there is a great deal.

Here is an example of a deal that I did. I have many packages of Ziploc bags in my pantry. My local store had Ziploc stand up bag packages on sale for .99 each. There were coupons for .75 off 1 or $1.50 0ff 2. I bought 20 of the $1.50 coupons. My cost for the coupons was $2.50 for 20. Thus it added .06 per package for the coupon. So a package cost me : 99 - .75 = .24 + .06 = .30 plus tax. Without buying coupons on Ebay, I could have never gotten as many packages.

When buying coupons on Ebay, here are a few pointers:
• Remember to include the store inventory (check the box on list on the far left side)
• Take into account the shipping charges.
• If you need the coupons for a sale, then order from someone who lives in a state near you. On the list (left side), click the Distance button and then enter the miles away from your zipcode. You will then see only the coupons that are closest to you.
• Watch the expiration dates. Sometimes there will be the same coupons with different expiration dates. If they are the same, go for the longer date. It will give you more time to redeem the coupon.
• Be careful when buying totally free product coupons. Many these are fake. A red flag are people who have many of the same totally free product coupons.

Here are some great coupons that could get you close to free items:
Beech-nut Let’s Grow $1 coupon (these are priced just over $1 at Walmart)
FINISH Quantum, Powerball Tabs or Gelpacs $2.50
Johnson & Johnson Baby Product any item $1 coupon (free Johnson Buddies soaps)

1 comments:

Coupon Teacher said...

Thanks for linking up today! I haven't tried ebay, but I have considered it.

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.