Thursday, January 21, 2010

Budgeting Tips # 12 ~ Clean Out Your Pantry


By cleaning out your pantry, you find items that you had forgotten plus you remind yourself of things that you have. Here is a photo of the forgotten items that I found:


I also found some jello but I used it before the photo was taken. When you clean out the pantry, you save money by using food that you already have on hand.

Some people have taken up a Pantry Challenge where they just eat out of their pantry foods for a month. I didn't participate because I stock up on items when they are on sale and I clean out my pantry on a regular basis. But I like reading about their challenge. If you are interested in reading about the Pantry Challenge, here are a few blogs that are participating:

My Red Apron
Getting Ahead
Coupon Geek
The Morris Tribe

1 comments:

Gale said...

Another thing to do when you clean out your pantry is to check expirations. A lot of people don't know that many canned and boxed items have expirations. I check the expirations, throw out those that have expired, and put aside those expiring soon to either use in the next week or take to a food drive to help someone who doesn't have much (I figure things will get used more quickly there).

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.