Sunday, January 17, 2010

Budgeting Tips # 10 ~ Knox Blox Jello Recipe

I was looking through the cupboard yesterday and found some packages of Jello. Then I remembered that I had not made Jello blocks in a long time. Quick, easy and cheap! My kids especially like the strawberry! You can eat them as a snack or serve them with a meal. The sugar free Jello has very little calories so it is a great treat on my diet. Here is the recipe that I use:

4 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
3 (4 serving) pkg. gelatin (Jello)
4 c. boiling water

In large bowl, mix unflavored gelatin with Jello gelatin. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour into 9x13 inch baking pan and chill until firm. To serve, cut into 1-inch squares. Makes about 9 dozen Blox.

1 comments:

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

This is a great idea. I haven't done that in a long time.

Thanks for joining the Blog Hop. I'm following you now.

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.