Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vacation Tip - Save Money on Museums

I love to travel. We usually take a 2 week vacation every summer. But like many other people, this year my family is taking some short trips this summer instead. For us, it will save money and we are checking out colleges for my son at the same time.

My kids have always loved museums. I am sure that we will visit a few on our short trips. Of course, I would like to spend as little as possible.

Check out my new
EHow article on how you can save money on museum admissions here.

Here is an example: Our local Science Station yearly membership is $60 for a family. We are visiting Chicago this summer which is over 90 mikes away. Checking the list at ASTC
here, we can visit the following museums for free or reduced admission:

Chicago Children's Museum
The Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum
The Field Museum of Natural History
Museum of Science and Industry

The general admission price to the Museum of Science and Industry is $13 per adult and $9 for children ages 3 to 11. In my family, we would all have to pay the adult admission price. The total cost would be 4 x 13 = $52 .

Just visiting one museum in Chicago is almost as much as a yearly membership to my local museum. So the local museum membership is a great deal.

So visit some museums on your vacation this year! Just plan ahead and save money!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Depending on what time of the week you are in Chicago you might be better off checking the websites for free pass days. Also if you are a resident in Chicago the library has passes you can check out for numerous locations.

Sandy S said...

Thanks for commenting Heather! I did mention in my Ehow article to check for free days on museum's websites. I also knew about the library passes but didn't mention that since they are for Chicago residents only. Thanks for catching that!

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.