Thursday, July 15, 2010

Proud Toyota Driver : Yesterday & Today

**I'm participating in a Toyota/TwitterMoms campaign, which inspired this post. My opinions, thoughts and feelings are my own. As a TwitterMom, I'm eligible for a courtesy gift of $50. All opinions are my own and I would have written a great article for Toyota without the chance of the $50 gift. Shh..don't tell them! **

I have been a happy owner of Toyota cars for 25 years. When I graduated from college in 1985, my first car was a Toyota Tercel. See the cute photos below!




Those were taken right after I brought home my new car.
Buying a Toyota Tercel was an easy decision. My parents owned a Toyota Corolla and were extremely pleased with the car. Unlike other cars that they had owned, their Toyota had worked great for many years. I still remember freezing as a kid in the backseat of my parent's Volkswagon!

Fast forward about 6 years, my husband and I were expecting our first child. It is a pain to get a child seat in the back of a two door car. So we looked around at many different cars but we loved the Toyota Camry. My two door fire engine red Tercel was traded in for a maroon Toyota Camry.


Finally a few years ago, we traded the old Camry in for a brand new silver 2005 Camry. We splurged for leather seats. I love the fact the backseats will fold down so you can put longer items in the car.


Through the years, our Toyota cars have had only minor problems. The cars drive wonderfully. I have always been pleased with our Toyota cars and I feel like my money was well spent. Just last week, we drove our Camry on our National Park vacation . It has a 106,000 plus miles on it. No major repairs have been needed in the last 5 years since we bought the car.


I guess that you could say that Toyota cars are part of our family tree. My parents still drive a Toyota Corolla, my sister drives a Toyota Camry, and my husband's sister drives a Toyota Prius. When I am ready to buy my next car, I know that it will be a Toyota. Why mess with a good thing?

Do you drive a Toyota? I would love to hear your thoughts on Toyota and any of your Toyota stories!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have never owned a Toyota but who knows I may be needed a new car sometime soon. It is something to think about.

Georgia Drivers Ed said...

I own Toyota Camry, This was really a nice and less maintenance car i ever purchased, after 4yrs of driving this car i never face any major repairs, if i would like to go for one more car then it definitely from Toyota family.

Post a Comment

All commments are moderated. Do not be alarmed if your comment does not appear right away.

 
ss_blog_claim=49eb50ef08c1be1f6cc3303f58152710

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.